Wednesday, May 09, 2007

"Lily Pulitzer" Skirt



My girls and I love Lily Pulitzer designs. But we don't love the price. So I was thrilled to find an adorable stretch twill fabric in JoAnn's a few weeks ago that looks very much like LP fabric. Only $5 per yard! I bought a yard of it and a pattern (Butterick See & Sew 4710) and whipped up this skirt for my 16 year old. It was a very simple pattern and probably only took an hour to sew. Already had matching thread and a zipper so the skirt only cost $8. Gotta love that!

5 comments:

Melissa Perreault said...

Man, is that cute!! I could totally see a matching bag for that in a contrasting pattern!! Or a quilt from the fabric as a whole! Or, or....oh man does that scream "use me!!!!"

Don't you love it when sewing happens like it should- cheap, easy and looks great.

vegasangelbrat said...

That is cute!! Great price too :)
Are you taking orders...lol

Janice said...

That is a great skirt! The fabric is perfect! Boy, you have been sewing up a storm! I need to dust off my machine! $8 for a skirt..what a deal!

vegasangelbrat said...

You've been Tagged! I got doubled whammed...lol

Anonymous said...

Great skirt and a great fit. Love the fabric.