Tuesday, January 23, 2007

New Finished Projects



I finished three projects over the last few days. One is the Ballband Bag that I've talked about so much. I started this one as part of a KAL for Let's Bag It right before I broke my arm and was bummed to watch everyone else finish their bags. I used Paton's Merino Wool in turquoise and brown. I love the way it felts - very little fuzziness - and you can't beat how economical it is! I think the normal retail price is $5.99 for 200+ yards but it's frequently on sale at the Michaels and JoAnns kind of stores for $3.99. I am donating this one to a school auction that my friend is chairing.

The next object finished was my oldest unfinished project. I started knitting in November 2004 and my mom gave me a beginner's projects book from Leisure Arts that had a couple dishcloth projects in it. This one is a plaid design that uses slipped stitches to make the pattern. This project cracks me up because there are a TON of mistakes in the first half of it (look closely at the bottom half) as I tried to figure out what I was doing. (Stitches that were not slipped properly; stitches that didn't line up with each other; yarn held in front rather than back, etc.) Before starting this project, I had only made a couple of garter stitch fuzzy scarves. Rather than tear it out, I'm keeping it as is just for the fun memories of getting started. Oh.... plus.... it's only a dishcloth! LOL.

Finally, I finished my second oldest unfinished project - a Booga bag in Noro Kureyon. (The Hot Damn afghan project is technically older but I'm not counting it as I'm going to frog it and try a different design.) I still need to insert the straps which I hopefully will do tonight if the bag is completely dry. I posted the before felting and after felting photos. This project will be a raffle prize for my daughter's high school cheerleading fundraiser.



BTW, can you tell what I used to insert into the Booga bag for "blocking"? It's a Rubbermaid cereal container and it is the perfect size for it as well as the Ballband bag.

6 comments:

Karyn said...

Your felted bags are beautiful!! I am so in love with Noro yarn.

monica said...

Way to get those UFO's finished. Your bags look great. I am so happy for you that you can knit again, I cannot imagine not being able to knit.

Jennifer said...

I love the handles on the ballband bag...the two colors together was a great idea that if I ever get to finish mine, I might have to steal ; )

Allison said...

CONGRATULATIONS! They all turned out great! I bet that booga bag will fetch a high price.

Janice said...

Great job getting all those projects done! Must feel wonderful to be back to knitting again :-) I love the ball band and your multi-color handles. It looks great!

Anonymous said...

I made one of these a while back! Love the Noro, especially the colors you used.