Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Pajama Party

I love homemade jammies! Over the last month or two, I have made a few sets. First up, is the bathrobe for Florida (McCall's 5534) that I have reworked three times now. I settled on plain long sleeves (after trying ruffled sleeves and cuffed sleeves) and I think I finally have it right! Fabric is a stretch terry from JoAnn's.

I made up a little pair of shorts with the leftover terry fabric and paired it with an Old Navy t-shirt (hard to beat $5 t-shirts and tanks for pajama tops!) for summer jammies.

This set has flannel pants and a knit top made from Simplicity 4706. Can you tell I photographed them after I wore them?! (Made from stash fabric.)


Finally, I made a pair of knit pants* out of a great tie dye fabric from Fabric.com and paired it with a tank from Simplicity 4076. I was using up the leftover turquoise knit and didn't have enough for sleeves so I made it a tank and edged the neckline and sleeves with picot edged lingerie elastic. I purchased the trim from Sew Sassy and can't recommend them enough for lingerie supplies. Quality of products is excellent, selection is good, prices are great and shipping was very fast - I received my order in less than a week.


Why all these pajamas are turquoise is a mystery to me. Although I love the color, I didn't set out to do all turquoise! LOL.

* Ok, I confess, what you are seeing in the photo is leftover fabric not the actual knit pants. I was too lazy to go upstairs and get the pants when I was taking pictures.

2 comments:

Tany said...

Cute PJs and I also love turquoise!

toy said...

the PJs are cute, this would make a great gift, thanks for sharing