Sunday, February 04, 2007

Twin Hats


2/13/07 Edited to add above photo. I "wrapped" the hats in translucent chinese take-out containers (50 cents from Michaels!)





While watching the Super Bowl, I finished up the second hat for twin girls that were born last Thursday. They each weigh about 5.5 lbs so I made the newborn size. They are made out of Cotton Ease (sugar plum / banana cream / pistachio and bubble gum / vanilla/ pistachio) and I used a pattern from the book Itty Bitty Hats by Susan B. Anderson (LOVE this book!)

8 comments:

Janice said...

Those hats are so adorable!! I did ZERO knitting the superbowl! Too busy keeping all the kids in hors dourves!!

Sorry about the Bears.....

Karyn said...

Those are the cutest hats EVER!!!!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, those are too cute. I don't know anyone with any babies which is too bad because there sure are a lot of cute baby knits.

Libby said...

Very cute. I love the Itty Bitty Hats book. It is the perfect way to use up my random balls of CE. Great hats!

monica said...

Those hats are so cute. I love little baby knits, the smallness of them just makes them so adorable.

Allison said...

OMG those are soooooo cute! Those lucky twins. They'd also look really cute on those two puppies . . .

Jennifer said...

ADORABLE!! need pics of the twins wearing them : )

jen said...

I just made these same hats recently! I made mine out of Bernat Cotton Tots ... I'm being way too picky with my CE stash, unfortunately ... :)