Monday, April 30, 2007
I finished McCalls 5050, view A, a few weeks ago couldn't decide on how to finish it off. I didn't want the bow at the neck as I thought it would make me look like a kindergartner. I decided to try a thin "belt" effect instead. I think I like it and although I wore it today as is, I will add mini belt loops to hold the corded belt up high.
The fabric is a raspberry cotton eyelet purchased on clearance at JoAnn's last year. I think it cost me $2, no lie! The elastic cost more than the fabric.
This was a very easy pattern to make with one exception. I HATE elastic in casings. It was really hard for me to massage the elastic around so it was uniformly distributed. Not sure what my problem is; others don't seem to have the same issue.
Forgive the photo - used my Treo camera in the ladies room at work. LOL!