Thursday, January 22, 2009

Belated Christmas gift & more animals



My daughter wanted a headband similar to the ones I made for my mom and me. I tried to convince her that a calorimetry style would be warmer for walking across campus but she liked the simplicity of this one. I intended to give it to her for Christmas to match the gloves I bought her but alas, I ran out of time so I instead wrapped up the yarn and gave it to her. The look on her face was priceless when she opened it. She looked at the yarn and said, "Don't tell me you expect me to learn to knit." I think she was afraid her gift was knitting lessons or something. LOL. Anyway, it's a very quick knit. In fact, I knit it on the way home from San Fran at Christmas and it has been sitting on the counter since awaiting a size check before I seamed it together. The yarn is just a simple Paton's wool that I had in my stash.




And here is the newest animals to move into our home. For some reason, my daughter and her friend (both seniors in high school) thought it was a good idea to get goldfish. Here are my daughter's two fish. Yes, that is a wine decanter they are swimming in. And yes, that is Fiji trying to get them. They have since been relocated to a fish bowl on the fireplace mantle where Fiji can't get them.

2 comments:

Summerset said...

Aww, what a cute kitty. You brought Fiji some new toys (or at least that's what Fiji thought!). Glad to know the fish are in a safer place, at least for the moment.

NancyDaQ said...

Fiji is getting really big! She's adorable. She reminds me of a gray kitty I had several years ago that had similar markings.