Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Ruffle Blouse (M5522)

Another blouse for the wardrobe. This pattern was a Best Pattern of 2009 at PR but unfortunately, has been discontinued by McCalls. It can still be seen on their website.

For some reason, this blouse took me forever; there are many pieces and lots of gathering and of course, 9 buttonholes / buttons take awhile. I basted the blouse together every step of the way to make sure everything worked perfectly and I must say, I am thrilled with how it turned out. I will definitely use this pattern again. I cut the blouse out before I discovered that I have a broad back so I didn't make that adjustment. Next time, I will add a 1" increase to eliminate the minor pulling at the back. Otherwise, I would make it exactly as I did this time.

Size: I used size 10 on top, including sleeves with the A/B cup; I graded to a 12-14 at waist and hips.
Fabric: Tomato red stretch cotton

After I finished this shirt and modeled it with a black skirt, I realized it looked very similar to my "uniform" when I was a waitress at Ground Round in college. We had to wear red blouses and black skirts and I had a ruffled front blouse. LOL. I hope I don't look like a waitress!



7 comments:

gMarie said...

Ummm - did you spend any time with Mark or just all of it sewing? Love that top and you do NOT look like a waitress! g

Lori said...

No waitress look in my opinion. Great looking blouse, you have been very busy.

Kyle said...

That shirt looks GREAT Bonnie!!!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Pretty color and this looks great on you!

SEWN said...

Great blouse. Looks amazing on you.

Lynneb said...

Pretty blouse, Bonnie! Nicely done!

Ann Made Studio said...

Very pretty!