- I finished all the work I brought home from the office in the time I budgeted (that NEVER happens).
- I got a lot of baking and cooking done - something I've been neglecting and missing. I posted recipes for Potato Soup and Italian Pineapple Cream Cake on my recipe blog. I also baked the Pecan Wedding Cookies that I've been craving for weeks and a batch of chocolate chip cookies (see photo.)
- Not new to this weekend, but DAMN, I have incredible kids! Not the reason I'm stating this but when I arrived home at 9:30 Thursday night (Valentine's Day) from a business trip, I was greeted with the pretty flower arrangement shown in the cookie photo as well as other gifts. This has been a rough year for me and my kids are so in tune! I have tried to shield them from my personal feelings but they continue to amaze me with their thoughtfulness and kindness.
- I made it to Mass two weeks in a row (after a year hiatus.) Sometimes, all it takes is a reminder to look at the glass half full to turn things around - that's what I get from Mass and what I have missed.
- I finished V8351. I look... ahem... large in these photos but I don't think that when I look in the mirror. What's up with that? (see more below)
- I finished a pair of sweatpants that have been sitting for weeks in my sewing room for no good reason. They only needed a hem.
- I finished all the cleaning I intended to do for the week (another thing that NEVER happens.) That includes putting all the laundry away!
- Middle daughter and I were only ones home today and had a very nice day. (She's 17. "Nice" days tend to be fleeting. We're at that extreme high / extreme low stage of mom / teenager relationships.)
- My good friend and co-worker is celebrating his birthday this week (hence the Italian Pineapple Cream Cake.) We have been through a lot over the last twelve years and are looking forward to developing good things with our segment of the company. (More to come on this....)
- Dogs did not poop on the floor one time. Yes, they are two years old. Do you have a point?
- The sun came out (ever so briefly) this afternoon.
I hope you all had a great weekend.