Monday, October 08, 2007

Vogue 2980 revisited



I made another version of Vogue 2980; this time a long sleeve version. The fabric is a very stretchy, slippery, embossed knit from my stash, purchased a couple years ago from JoAnn's.

Every time I see this top reviewed on PR I LOVE it. It really is a fun style. I added a bit to the seam allowance as the first one came out very snug and I'm still a little nervous that this one is too tight for a gal of my age! I think I'm going to buy this pattern again and make the next one in the next larger size or maybe even two sizes up.

I think this could make a very sexy LBD (if lengthened, of course!) but only for a young, very fit body. I'm about 3 kids too late for that look. LOL!

7 comments:

Christina said...

This looks great on you, I like the square neckline.

Lori said...

This looks great on you, I like the square neckline, very flattering.

Unknown said...

I think it looks great! From this view it doesn't look too tight at all.

~Tonia~ said...

It looks great on you. If I looked like that I would be wearing it. ;)

Janice said...

It looks great! I love the color! You continue to amaze and inspire me!!

Cherie said...

Your red bolero top is devine! On you it looks fab - you've got the shape "for a lady of my age" so show it off!! Love your houndstooth jacket and the second version of your NL knit.

Sharon Sews said...

You look FANTASTIC in this top. Wear it often girl because you can definitely pull it off. BTW, red is your color :-)