Thursday, April 24, 2008

S3624 or Procrastination at its best!



First, let me say thanks for the positive comments and emails on the lime gauze top. I received some good ideas and will revisit the top soon. Hopefully, I can turn it into something I like.

I'm leaving my house at 6:00 am tomorrow to fly to Orlando with my daughter for a cheerleading competition. And then on Monday I will fly from Orlando to Denver for a 3-day conference. I travel a lot so packing isn't usually that big of a deal but a multi-city multi-purpose trip requires some creative packing to avoid two suitcases. Then there are all the arrangements I need to make regarding my son, the dogs, the house, etc. But instead of focusing on that mundane stuff, I decided to make a new top for my trip. Simplicity 3624 is now MY NEW FAVORITE PATTERN!! Love this one! So quick and cute, I think! Perfect for dinner in Orlando or cocktail hour in Denver. Dontcha think?

I cut it out and started sewing it last night and finished it up tonight after work. Probably took two hours including cutting. I made View C although a bit shorter. I will definitely be making this one again. In fact, I am going to turn View B into a dress.

BTW, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. The cheerleader daughter is at a concert tonight. And she hasn't started to pack either. I suspect we'll both sleep on the plane tomorrow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Lord! I go away for a weekend and you've sewn a new wardrobe! Awesome! Even the green top, which I think will look faboo when you get a little more sun.

Anonymous said...

Love the new top, you will look so chic at dinner, lol

cidell said...

i like it. But, please don't let the word get out to the non sewing world that tops can me made in a matter of hours! We'll be overwhelmed with requests for chic and easy tops!

Meg said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! We have something in common: cheerleader daughters. They're a unique breed, right?