Thursday, October 18, 2007

Cable Knit Purse - Take 3

I made the Knitpicks Cable purse* for myself last winter and received lots of compliments on it. Then my daughter wanted one so I made one for her, too. One of my friends really wanted one so I told her I'd make her one, too. She makes jewelry and offered to make me a bracelet. Yeah, you guessed it... she gave me the bracelet ages ago and NADA in return for her.

Her birthday is tomorrow so I decided I would finally bite the bullet. She wanted a black one. I forgot that cables look better in lighter yarn or else I would have talked her out of it. I just used some Wool-Ease I had in my stash. Oh well, I hope she likes it. I am giving it with the red ribbon on it but in case she thinks it's too gaudy that way, I'm also including the white ribbon for a more neutral look.






I forgot how fast this is to knit. Probably took 3 hours (and I am a SLOW knitter!). For this one, I started with the bottom panel, picked up stitches around the bottom and then knit the whole thing in the round.

* It was a free pattern but it's gone from their site. I have the pattern in pdf form so if you want a copy, email me and I'll send it to you.

7 comments:

Lori said...

Love this purse, cute yarn and ribbons. Your friend will love her present.

~Tonia~ said...

The purse is adorable. I am sure that she will love it.

Unknown said...

Bonnie - all three versions of the purse look fabulous. What I want to know is where you get the "Tres Bon Babble" labels? Do you make them yourself with an embroidery machine? or do you order them from somewhere? g

Allison said...

Love it! My vote is for the white bow but cool that you are giving her both. When is the one you promised me going to be done?

Janice said...

Great purse!! I can't believe it only took 3 hours!! Wow! I think both ribbons are great... She'll love it!

KnittyNancy said...

Great purse! I love your finishing touches. The bag is beautifully lined, has a handy pocket, and is finished with your personalized label.

Anonymous said...

Bonnie,
Love the purse. Had to try to find it, and it IS still on their site, it's just that the link you provided with YOUR version of the puse doesn't work. The URL is: http://www.quizmeme.com/poohpersonality/quiz.php
I got it and HTH anyone else that want's the pattern.