Sunday, June 29, 2008

McCall's 5353

I fell like I haven't sewed in soooooo (seeeewwwww?) long! My niece turned one in May and good aunt that I am, I never got around to making her birthday present. Since I will be seeing her next weekend, I thought I better step it up!

Here is the the first piece of the three-piece ensemble. In addition to the dress, there will be a floppy hat and panties to go under the dress. I had planned on trimming all the way around in rick rack but decided it would be too much. Both fabrics are embossed cotton from Hancock. The pattern is McCalls 5353.

Hmmm, is it me or do those pockets look crooked? WAIT!!! Don't tell me if they are. I'm not moving 'em. And this way, I can just pretend it's the angle.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ohh,, so cute!

Lori said...

Very cute, Bonnie

Jane said...

How adorable! The pockets are fine - it's just the angle of the photo!

Anonymous said...

Ugh, how come my nieces keep having boys? I'd love to make something SEW FREAKING CUTE! Jeez, I can smell 'The Cute' from here!

KnittyNancy said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! Your niece will look adorable! I also saw your pretty knitting projects on Ravelry. I've thought about knitting Cozy.

Kellie said...

This is so sweet! Those pockets look perfectly fine to me!