Sunday, August 12, 2007

Remember the "Big Girl" dress?

And by "big girl", I DO mean size. Here's a reminder of what I looked like wearing B5029:



Now that picture was taken 6-8 weeks ago and I have actually lost 5 lbs (and had my hair cut) since then but I assure you, that picture made me look WAY bigger than I think I am. I wore it once and felt so self-conscious that it got stuck back in the closet. I kept thinking about it and decide I would re-do it with a flat lower bodice to see if it looked better.

So this is what the dress looked like yesterday morning:


And voila! Today, it looks like this:


Still not my favorite dress (probably because I'm sick of looking at it!!) but at least I will wear it now. It took me at least twice as long to disassemble and re-assemble than it took to make it the first time.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Bonnie - it looks great re-done! I'm sure you'll get much more wear out of it. g

Lori said...

Bonnie, fantastic re-do. That is incredible, good job and you should wear it. I really can't believe the difference.

Anonymous said...

I really like the dress - but forget the dress, you look fantastic!
Regards
Rubydarling

LauraM said...

Oh it looks so much better with the flat bodice! I was just looking at some other ideas realizing that extra fabric seems to add a thicker middle look on allot of styles for people. This is just such a great save!

~Tonia~ said...

I like the dress much better that way. What a difference.

Anonymous said...

OMG!
Fabulous remake! I agree with laurm, the garthered waist isn't a good look on most people. I actually think your remake is VERY flattering.

Linda said...

What a difference that flat center makes. I thought the first one looked great, but this one is even better. I'm still thinking of making this dress, but for next summer. After seeing the two differences, I will definitely not be adding a gathered midsection layer to mine.