Friday, October 19, 2007

Lucy Apron



Why do I call it that? Because I can just picture Lucy Ricardo wearing it, although in more sedate fabrics). I made this apron for another friend who also has an October birthday. She loves to cook so I'll package it with these adorable notecards:


The pattern is McCalls 3979 - vintage aprons (View D).


The fabric is some quilter's cotton from JoAnn's. This is not a pattern for beginners. All that seam binding was a pain in the patootey to apply! But I do like how it turned out and I have View E cut out in the same fabric for yet another friend's birthday gift!

6 comments:

cidell said...

Oh, how fun and what great color combinations!

Lori said...

Bonnie, what a perfect present for your friend. Very cute style and great fabric.

Janice said...

What a fun apron!! I love the colors. You have some lucky friends!!

KnittyNancy said...

Cute and great colors!

~Tonia~ said...

I LOVE it!!! I am sure that your friend is going to be so happy.

Shawnee said...

That is just adorable!!