Thursday, September 22, 2011

Shower Gift - Emmeline Apron



I made a cookbook via Snapfish to give to my daughter at her shower next week. I used favorite family recipes and included lots of photos of not just the food but also photos of the family members who like the recipes.

I decided to also make an apron to go with it. Ages ago, I spotted the following apron on a site called Aprons Boutique only it had hot pink/white polka dot trim instead of red. I LOVED the color / pattern combination.


I had always planned on making something similar for myself but other projects always trumped it. I know my daughter will love the color combo so I made the above apron for her instead. (Plus, if she doesn't like it / wear it, I will steal it back from her!) I really wanted to use striped fabric but couldn't find a woven black/white at JoAnns or Hancocks so I opted for the stripe-like print on one side and a black/white paisley on the other. I don't like the bow trim on the neck strap so I am removing that.

I used the Emmeline Apron pattern that it completely reversible. I used it once before for a Valentine-themed version for my friend Jen but never posted a photo of it. I didn't realize until I was writing this entry that I had used a black/white paisley for that version, too. I guess I like that pattern! Here is the Valentine version:

2 comments:

gMarie said...

Love that apron! I'm sure your daughter will love the gift - a cookbook filled with family favorites is a great idea. g

SissySees said...

Totally fabulous! Family cookbooks are a special gift. I don't have any mind you, but I have the church cookbook my paternal grandmother did before her death, and I have my maternal grandmother's recipe box. I need to scan and make a cookbook for all of us to enjoy -- and use!