Sunday, October 07, 2007

V8346



I feel like I've been talking about this coat forever but I'm finally done. As I've mentioned before, this is a "muslin" for a knee-length version I'm going to do in pink wool.

The "dummy" buttons look crooked in the picture but they didn't in the mirror. I'm going to have to check on that. I didn't notice the color was sticking up either but my photographer was not very cooperative so I'm stuck with this photo.

The particulars:

V8346, View A
Fabric: loose woven acrylic from JoAnn ($4 / yard); underlined with flannel to make it warmer; lined with a poly blend in black.

7 comments:

Christina said...

Well I really like your test garment, what a great print, and the style suits you.

Anonymous said...

WOW - great "muslin". Very attractive coat. Bet the real one will be a real winner.

This is a perfect length for errand running, etc.

LauraLo said...

Absolutely beautiful! Never seen such a gorgeous wearable muslin. Your fabric is very beautiful too.

Linda said...

Stunning! And your "muslin" is so trendy right now. I bet you will be wearing quite a lot.

Linda L said...

What a great looking muslin! Really good job on this. Style looks good on you also.

~Tonia~ said...

It looks great. The pink one is going to be wonderful. So how hot was it when you were getting that picture taken?

dawn said...

I wouldnt' have thought that was a "muslin." Great job!

I have this pattern also and plan to make it in a winter weight wool. I was thinking I would have to make it less full in the "skirt" part, but yours does not look as full as the fashion drawing on the pattern.