Monday, February 06, 2012

Baby blanket for grandson


January was a busy one! I managed to eek out a couple sewing projects and this baby blanket for Mark's son and DIL who gave birth to a beautiful little boy a couple weeks ago, their second child. It is knit in Cotton Ease (of course!) I found the pattern on Ravelry here and loved all the variations. I decided to once again use a random stripe pattern and this blanket will coordinate nicely with the one I made for his cousin last year.

Speaking of CottonEase, these colors are long retired but they are called popsicle (turquoise), blueberry, candy blue, vanilla and licorice. I still have tons of the old CE left as a result of my little hoarding episode in 2005. I think I have every color in my stash except the strawberry creme. It does make a great baby yarn though since it is washable and even dryable but still quite soft for a cotton yarn. Even though I've done some de-stashing over the years, I've held on to this yarn.

5 comments:

SissySees said...

LOVE that blanket. I have 6-7 babies to knit for this spring/summer, so I need to find some cotton ease! I think I've knitted with it, but I'm not sure...

Lynneb said...

I have always loved that pattern. Your color combination is fabulous!

Kyle said...

That is SO pretty! Such a nice gift.

Linda said...

Bon, it came out beautiful! I'm interested to try the random row thingy! :)

Anna said...

I'm always stymied by the combination of blankets and cotton yarn. How did you handle the ends? Or, wait, perhaps because Cotton-Ease is a blend, the weave stays in place better than a 100% cotton?

Beautiful blanket, nice work!