Sunday, April 13, 2008

M5529



Here is another finished product from yesterday. This little jacket was inspired by some jackets I saw at a fashion show a few weeks ago. I really love animal prints and thought it would create a fun look to wear with jeans. The fabric I chose is sort of a giraffe look and it coordinates with the shoes I bought a few weeks ago. My daughter and I at first thought it would be too much "animal" together but we both like the look.

What a quick project this was! I already had the fabric cut out but it probably only took 1 1/2 hours to sew. It's not lined so I serged all the seams and used a twin hem needle to hem the bottom and sleeves. The fabric is a minky polyester from JoAnns. Complete review at PR.

8 comments:

KnittyNancy said...

Very pretty! It looks great with the giraffe shoes.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that jacket is fantastic! I love the print with this style, it's so eyecatching - you look fabulous!

Adrienne said...

Gorgeous!!! You've been busy!

Vicki said...

Oh, I love this too and perfect with the shoes!

Lori said...

Great jacket in such fun fabric and shoes to match. Priceless!(as the commercial states). Priceless to a sewing weekend.

Anonymous said...

Just enough animal print. Perfect!

Tany said...

Beautiful! You look great!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.