Sunday, March 20, 2011

Jacket with Bell sleeves, Simplicity 2977 - Item 6






Simplicity 2977 Wardrobe, Jacket View E

Unfortunately, this one didn't work for me. I was aiming for a jacket that I could coordinated with the brown skirts and tops but would be a little more casual than a traditional jacket style. I read a few good reviews of this jacket on various blogs and at PR so I thought this would be a good choice. But I can't stand how it looks on me. I'm not sure if it's simply too big or if I just don't like that boxy, flowy style but every time I've tried something like that, I don't like the results. I guess it's time to accept that I shouldn't keep making this style! LOL.

I used the fabric from the Ascot Top for the facing and LOVE how it looks. I also used the same buttons that I used on the skirt but in a smaller size. Too bad this one is going in the trash. :-(

2 comments:

toy said...

Just wanted to stop in and say, I love your wardrobe swap/collection, so nice, the colors your used, are colors I truly love. you did a marvelous job!

linda said...

You did a lovely job with the sewing.. I think I agree that this one is not for you but I really think it is just too big! It almost swallows you up....You could take it apart and make it smaller or move or do what I'd do, move on to something new if you are not completely in love with it. Again, great sewing!