Saturday, October 29, 2005
More postcards from my mystery knitting pal! The latest cards are from North Carolina and DC. And she's postmarking them from all different cities! Wonder if she travels a lot, like me! This is so much fun. Thanks Secret Pal for making the trip to the mailbox fun every day!
Saturday, October 15, 2005
Found this fun Fall Contest at Princess Knits. Check it out! I love fall so this is definitely for me! I missed the deadline but I'm doing it anyway!!
- favorite fall book to read - Not sure it's a fall book necessary but I'm enjoying The Virgin's Lover by Phillipa Gregory. If you've never read her books, YOU MUST!! The Other Boleyn Girl is on my top ten books of all time list. They fall in the historical fiction genre and specifically, they are fictional accounts of characters related to Henry VIII.
- favorite fall soup to eat - SOUP SOUP SOUP!!! Love it! It's hard to pick a favorite but I do love potato soup - here's a decadent one. Oh wait, just remembered, I made this awesome squash soup for a dinner party a few weeks ago.
- favorite fall stew to eat - I found a recipe for Burt Reynold's Beef Stew a few years ago and it is awesome. I don't have a link but I'll post it in a separate blog post.
- favorite healthy muffin recipe - Sorry... these are not even a little bit healthy but DANG! Are they good! Banana Crumb Muffins - bet you can't eat just one.
- favorite fall tree - I love oak trees because they remind me of when I was a kid. there were tons of them along the way as I walked to school. And at recess, we would design little houses, pushing the oak leaves into lines that represented the walls of the rooms.
- favorite fall knit - I really need to start the cigar gloves for my husband for Christmas! There is even a knitalong.
Tuesday, October 11, 2005
Monday, October 03, 2005
I received package number 1 from my Secret Pal today and GOOD GRIEF!!! Look at it all!!! She picked out the most adorable items - all selected based on my profile and emails. My absolute favorite item are the candy dishes made from old records! Can you see them in the photo? I poured the Life Saver candies in the larger one. And they are made from old John Travolta records (I loved him then and I still think he's adorable!!! Grease is one of my all time favorite movies and the music is awesome.)
There are two skeins of some very fun sock yarn from Knit Picks - the dancing line. I need to hurry up and finish the other Broad Ripple so I can start on a pair with this yarn.
There is also some Stella Doro chocolate cookies - I'm not familiar with that kind but I used to love the anise flavored ones. The cookies are going to work with me so the kids don't find them. I don't share very well!!
And there are some very thoughtful travel related items - lip balm and mouth spray (which two of my kids have already tried to steal.) And the cutest little address book (purple and shoes - gotta love that!) I love the pink accesory bags and you're right, they will be perfect for knitting notions. Finally, the socks are adorable - I love fun socks!!
Can you see all the little yellow sticky notes? My SP wrote a note on each one!!
Wow, thanks for making my day. I haven't yet sent my first package out to my SP but now, the bar is raised. It might take me another whole week to get something together!
Saturday, October 01, 2005
I made this dishcloth out of orange Cotton Ease. It might be a little hard to see but it has an adorable Jack-O-Lattern face on it. I haven't tried to get it wet to check absorbancy but I've heard from quite a few people who recommend Cotton Ease for dishcloths so I'm sure it will be fine. I'm going to give this one to my nail stylist as she's doing me a favor today. The pattern for this dishcloth can be found here.
I'm going to make some more as they are adorable and very quick.