Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sassy Apron is done

I am really swamped at work right now. I left the office at 8:30 Friday night and worked another six hours yesterday and six today. But I couldn't go the whole weekend without at least a little sewing. I already had the apron for the Sassy Apron Swap cut out so I took an hour and sewed it together. All I know about my partner is her name and address. She indicated no preferences and she doesn't have a blog so I was working with a blank slate. The theme of the swap is Spring so I figured this fabric looks pretty springy. Yes?

The pattern is McCall's 3979, a combination of View A & View B. I've now made all but one of the five views of this apron. I took one picture with flash and one without. Neither is very good but you get the idea. The colors are somewhere in between the two versions.

I think I'll knit a Ballband Dishcloth in blue and yellow to send along with it.



5 comments:

Jana Nielson said...

Hi!
I found your blog via the Sassy Apron Swap! I think that apron is really adorable!
It is harder than I thought it would be to come up with an apron for someone else. My partner has tons of things she likes...and doesn't like...(it is hard that way too!)

Allison said...

I love your sassy apron and what a great idea to make a ballband washcloth to go with it! Hope work eases off soon.

Unknown said...

I hope you get paid overtime! Sorry to hear you are so swamped. I've been super busy at work too. This weekend I've just 'recreated' my month of recovery. I have knit, but I'm avoiding finishing the curtains.

The apron looks great. I think we have the same swap partner, I got exactly the same information. Name & address, no preferences, no blog. g

Kellie said...

Bonnie that apron is adorable! Love the blue/yellow combo. Your partner will love it, I am certain!

Tany said...

What a cute apron! I love it!