Sunday, October 21, 2007

New Look 6723 - Just in time!


All I had left was the hem and zipper so now my dress is complete, just in time for the dinner this Thursday. I will wear it with the patent leather strappy shoes, the patent leather purse and hopefully, rhinestone dangly earrings (gave my shopping-loving daughter the assignment today - "find me some inexpensive rhinestone dangly earrings before Thursday morning.")

The details:
New Look 6723, view B
Fabric - dull satin from Hancock's
Notions - invisible zipper, rhinestone belt buckle, hook & eye

Easy enough dress to construct. True to size and nothing tricky found in the pattern. I was going for the Audrey Hepburn look. Not happy with the crease line in the hem - happens all the time when I use the blind hem on my sewing maching. Can anyone tell me how to avoid that? I will press it out but it's annoying.

Ignore the hair - it's my lazy Sunday look!

4 comments:

Christina said...

This is so classy! You look fabulous.

~Tonia~ said...

The dress looks great! Did you find any earrings?

Sharon Sews said...

You look stunning! A very classy dress - elegant and s*xy at the same time.

Can't help you with the blind hem question - but if you get an answer would you share it with the rest of us? I avoid using the blind hem for the same reason.

Lori said...

Very class dress.