Saturday, December 10, 2011

Finally - a review of my Mother of the Bride dress! (S2497)



Took me awhile but I'm finally getting around to blogging / reviewing Simplicity 2497 - a Cynthia Rowley design that is nominated for top ten patterns in 2011. I made a muslin here and had to make a few tweaks to the bodice to make it fit. (Full review at Pattern Review if interested.) I made a bolero jacket to wear over it but didn't like it when it was done so I left it off. Forgive the wrinkles in the dress. The photo was taken at the end of the evening as you can tell by the wine-enhanced giant eyes!

Shoes are A. Marinelli Excess and came from Zappos. No longer available at Zappos but they may be available from other vendors. Not sure if you can tell in the photo but the back is silver and the front is a sheer, sparkly mesh; the medallion on top is made from a bunch of strands of silver beads. They are much nicer in person!


This is the cute little bag I carried, which I found at at T.J. Maxx! It is silver with a black lace overlay.


Overall, I'm happy with the dress. I've actually worn the outfit two other times since the wedding.

6 comments:

Lori said...

Very pretty dress, this is such a fantastic design. You look great.

gMarie said...

Fabulous dress. Glad the wedding went off without any problems. Have fun at the Christmas party. g

SissySees said...

Stunning - you, the dress, the shoes and the bag.

Okay, I do indeed have shoe lust, but if I track them down and buy a pair, I'd need a new dress to go with them...

SissySees said...

Shoes are available in ivory or silver on Zappos' discount site, 6pm.

http://www.6pm.com/a-marinelli-excess

Dawn Sinclair said...

Great dress in a lovely colour and the shoes are gorgeous!

dxx

Anne-Marie said...

Bonnie, you had such a lovely dress. I want sleek and chic. This was an excellent choice of fabric and pattern. Plus,those shoes seem so gorgeous. Great look MOB ;-)