Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Wardrobe basic - corduroy skirt (S2451)


Shown with blouse I also recently finished and reviewed here.

I've made this skirt pattern once before out of a stretch black twill fabric and wore it a lot. Because I didn't line that one, it stuck to my tights and I was always having to tug it back down when I walked. The original skirt is now too big (yippee!) so I decided to make a new one. I've always loved corduroy skirts and  I found some black stretch wide wale corduroy at our only local independent fabric store, Banasch's Fabrics. This stuff is so soft! I love that it has a little stretch to it but I ended up lining it with a woven, which eliminated the stretchability!

I made the version with the vent in the back but forgot to shorten it first so I lost some of the vent when I hemmed. Oopsie!  I tried like heck to follow several different tutorials for how to attach the lining to the vent but I couldn't figure any of them out. So I did a lot of hand sewing.

Pattern is Simplicity 2451, View C. This is a great pattern, winning PR Best of 2010 patterns (voted by PR members).

Some front and back photos (lightened to show detail).


Fun lining - it's just an inexpensive silky poly purchased from one of the online vendors. I bought a bunch in this colorway and a blue scheme to use for linings:






8 comments:

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Cute skirt and congrats on the weight loss!

Peggy's Closet said...

What a great skirt! You'll get a lot of use out of it, I'm sure.

Lori said...

Super cute skirt and congrats on the weight loss. You always look great.

gMarie said...

Super cute skirt and you look great! I think I've found your lost weight. g

SissySees said...

Congrats on the weight loss! Love the skirt, lining and the blouse.

Ann Made Studio said...

your outfit looks great and congratulations on the weight loss :)

Kyle said...

I want to make a black skirt very soon! :)

Kyle said...

p.s. LOVE the pockets!!!