Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Another cowl drape tank - M6078


This is my fourth version of McCalls 6078. I tried View C this time. I followed Elizabeth's lead (AKA Queen of the Bathroom Photo) and took a photo in the restroom at work. Quality is not good but you get the idea! I wore it to work with a jacket over but it would be so cute in summer over a little pencil skirt or some skinny jeans (maybe the white ones I'm working on!)

Thanks to Carol's comment, I am editing to add that I purchased this fabric during PR Anniversary Weekend in Austin in November last year from TexStyles. It was just a tiny remnant, maybe 3/4 yard?, but plenty for this top!

Other versions:
Version 1  View B
Version 2 View B
Version 3 was a bust - I made it from a cotton overlock knit and the fabric was simply too heavy for the design.
I  guess it's obvious I love this pattern!

9 comments:

SissySees said...

Love that top. But can you share where you got your jean jacket? I want a new one and can't find precisely what I want.

Carol said...

I love that fabric!!! I think I'll have to buy that pattern...just what I need, more patterns! Love your top, great job.

Bonnie O. said...

Chan, it's not denim, it's actually a woven pique fabric. It's from Ann Taylor but it's several seasons old!

SEWN said...

That was a compliment right?? ;)

Love the top. It's beautiful!

Anne-Marie said...

Talk about a great top !!! The mix of fabric and pattern is perfect. I love the look with or without the look... little question, did you change your hair.... ah you look lovely !

Bonnie O. said...

Are you kidding, Elizabeth? Your bathroom photos turn out like a photo shoot. Whereas mine looks like a scene from Grease - Frankie Vallie singing Beauty School Dropout where it's all ultra white and surreal.

gMarie said...

Yea! Bonnie is blogging! Love that cute little top. How are you? g

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

I think you did a great job with your bathroom photo and your top is great too!

Cennetta said...

Ok, Bonnie. I'm feeling like I need to make another top. Wink, wink.