Sunday, June 17, 2007

New Look 6466


After a busy few weekends, the schedule was wide open this weekend and I spent much of it in my sewing room.

First, New Look 6466, View E:
Fabric: Two different silky sheer polyesters from JoAnn's and Hancock's.

I am very pleased with the results but this was a bear to sew. The fabric was annoying to work with and the pattern sizing was WAY off. I cut 4" off the bodice width and skirt and 3" off the straps. Full review at Pattern Review if you're interested.

(Yes, the hems are even. My stance makes them look uneven.)

I also made great progress on a sundress but didn't quite get it finished.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute! I love the print you used with it too.

FaeryCrafty said...

I love it!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! It's beautiful. Pattern problems aside, it looks great on and the fabric complements that style.

Nice!

Gorgeous Things said...

Oh I love it! How cute is that top!!!

Anonymous said...

So cute! Now I'm glad I couldn't find that dress pattern. I can order this and the dress online. Can you believe JoAnn and Hancock on this side of town closed???

Allison said...

Sorry it was a pain but it was well worth it. The shirt (and the model) look fabulous!

Janice said...

Wow! What a great top! Well worth the frustrations...it looks fabulous! I keep thinking I should get my sewing machine out.. you have made some amazing things lately!!