Tuesday, February 26, 2008

BWOF 08-2007-117


I have wanted to make this blouse for the longest time, ever since I saw Christina's and then this cute one. But then, Summerset, posted a terrific review with some tips and the best tutorial for the sleeve placket. I couldn't have done it without her and her detailed pictures helped me figure out some other little things that BWOF forgets to tell you. Thank you, Summerset!!

I have to admit the buttons bore me. I really wanted to jazz it up with some rhinestone buttons or something else fun but my oldest daughter told me that would "tramp it up" or something similar. I did see these really cute clear glass buttons with a little gold glitter in them that I thought would have been fun but I heeded my daughter's suggestion.

I really like the wide button placket and the pleats and mock wrap create a flattering silhouette. The fabric is a woven cotton with just a touch of lycra in it. It's going to be a bear to iron!

I saw the cutest pair of giraffe print pumps at DSW the other day that would really complete this outfit. They were very comfortable in spite of their 3 1/2" stiletto heels and pointy toes and they looked HOT! They were on sale but really... how many times can a gal wear giraffe print shoes? Hey! I just found the exact shoe at Zappo's. Aren't they cute?! (Zappo's price is $73 but I think they were marked down to about $35 or $40 at DSW.)

16 comments:

cidell said...

What an excellent top! It's crisp and classic looking, but still fun.

Cherie said...

Wonderful job on this neat shirt! Great outfit, probably *sorry* needs those giraffe shoes! I bought a pair of leopard pointy toe flats 3 years ago, still wearing them, and they're obviously still current! It's the perfect detail with a classic outfit like yours!

Summerset said...

You've done a beautiful job! Thanks for the compliment, I had to go back and look up the post, I'd forgotten what I'd written. Your top is great, and the simpler buttons are the right choice. You can always glam up the outfit with necklaces like the magazine showed.

Vicki said...

I think you NEED those shoes!!

Great shirt, looks fab on you - the only thing is missing is the shoes! lol.

Christina said...

Great shirt! A not-so-basic white blouse is always in demand.

Lori said...

Great blouse, Bonnie. You will probably be happier with simpler buttons in the long run but I totally understand you wanting fancier ones. Great shoes, I think you have to have those!

Jknits said...

Darling top - you did a great job on it.

LauraLo said...

Beautiful! and it looks so nice on you

monica said...

The top looks great.
You are lucky I am not a shoe enabler, that falls out of my yarn/fabric area. But if you reallt want them ..... just sayin'

Anonymous said...

You only live once - go.for.the.shoes!!

Your blouse is lovely,too!

kasizzle said...

I bet you could find a million things to wear to the shoes with. I know I could!
The blouse looks great on you!

Gorgeous Things said...

Fabulous blouse, and I LOVE the shoes!

Cennetta said...

Now that I jazzy little twist to a classic shirt. s

Unknown said...

I love that blouse! I wish I could get WOF around here. Did you get the shoes? g

KnittyNancy said...

You look great in that wonderful blouse! The shoes would add even more style to your already fabulous outfit.

Tany said...

Outstanding job! This blouse really suits you well! Beautiful!