Sunday, April 13, 2008

S4084

I spent a good part of yesterday in my sewing room and VOILA! My trench is finished and the weather cooperated by being rainy and cool today so I wore it to church! Complete review at PR. Here are some pictures of it.





You will see my brand spanking new briefcase in this last one. Ordered Tuesday, arrived Friday. I can't say enough good things about ebags.com customer service. Every order I have ever placed has arrived in 3-4 days. [ugh, as I copied the link, I saw that everything is 20% off today. Figures, I couldn't wait 5 days. Ever impatient.]


And since it's Sunday... a confession. At the end of Mass this morning, the woman behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said, "I just want to tell you your coat is beautiful. The details are incredible." In a fit of vanity, I blurted out, "I made it!" I was annoyed with myself but it was such a nice rush to receive such a compliment, especially from a stranger.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I'd been sitting behind you, I'd have done the same. Just beaufiful! When I read your first post about the bow, I had my doubts, but it makes it very special.

Sew Shy said...

Your coat looks fabulous. Really great fabric choice.

Anonymous said...

oh,, very beautiful coat, love that fabric and the design is great

loopylulu said...

I would tack a post-it to my forehead telling other people I made the jacket if I had made this jacket, your response was not vain at all! The details on this jacket are very well thought out, beautiful.

Adrienne said...

GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vicki said...

It really is gorgeous, and a lot of work would have gone into it. It is so nice when someone notices and makes the effort to make the compliment.

Lori said...

Wonderful coat, Bonnie. The details are perfect and so stylish in a classic way. I really like your dress, too.

Unknown said...

WOW! Beautiful. Just beautiful.
can't believe you made a trench coat! What an undertaking!

You deserved the compliment.

Maryissewfast said...

Your Trench is fabulous and you should shout it to the world "I made this gorgeous coat!!!" I love e-bags too...one of our students gave us a $100.00 gift certificate to replace our nurses bag and we not only got a great lightweight bag, we got organizers to fit in there to keep all our meds and wound care items! Mary

Anonymous said...

I would have blurted that out too. It's gorgeous!

kasizzle said...

Wow! It's beautiful!
I need to move where it gets colder so I can make one!

Anonymous said...

I have been both you AND the lady sitting behind you! I am toying with just saying "Oh thanks, it's Couturesmith" and hoping they will think it is some well known designer- instead of just me!
You could say "thanks its by Tres Bon Babble" Now that would sound WAY COOL!

Anonymous said...

I think you should pin a medal on your chest that says 'I FREAKING MADE THIS MYSELF!' because that's how I feel when I finish something and it turns out fabulous! Granted that's few and far between but it happens and when it does I am very proud. And so should you be! That's some super fine work you did! Bravo!

Christina said...

Just gorgeous! All of your work on this coat was worth it.

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Great coat! And I think you should have said that you made it...I mean painters sign their canvases why can't you acknowledge that you made that wonderful coat!!!!

Tany said...

It's PERFECT!!! You made an amazing coat, congratulations! I love it!

Ginger said...

Even though winter is almost over, I *must* make one of these! I'm totally sold after seeing your finished piece!