Thursday, July 28, 2011

Skirt # 2 in the PR Contest (Simplicity 2258)


I finished Version 2 of Simplicity 2258 for the PR One Pattern, Many Looks contest. This is my "Saturday Morning Farmers Market" version. This will be a perfect outfit to wear on those hot mornings when I'm out running errands.

Only change between this one and my earlier "Business Casual" version is I did not shorten the ties on this one because I wanted a bow with the ties. Oh and I made it 1/2"-1" shorter. Fabric is a beefy cotton interlock that I bought from Gorgeous Fabrics (more here). Perfect weight for this skirt and I plan to make a pair of shorts out of the remaining fabric.

I can also wear it to my office although not with just a cami on top - we dress very casually in our office but not THAT casually! (Although honestly, I work with all guys and I swear I could show up in my pajamas and no one would notice.)



Versions 3 & 4 are both half done and I expect to finish them tonight.

1 comment:

SissySees said...

Too cute. Okay. I need to "star" these two posts and in 2 years when I have time for sewing classes, I'm going to buy that pattern and "make" someone teach me to make a dozen of those skirts!