Saturday, March 19, 2011

Turquoise t-shirt - Butterick 5493 Item 4 in the wardrobe



This is one of the items in my mini wardrobe. It can be worn with either skirt.

Ruffled-neck top in turquoise interlock; Butterick 5493, View D

I loved the ruffle around the neck of this top. I wanted to wear it to work so I added short sleeves (not crazy about sleeveless on me at the office!) I like how the ruffled neckline turned out but to be honest, the shirt itself was just ok. First of all, it had darts. Darts in a knit? How odd. The shirt also came out just a bit short for my liking. I would have preferred it be 2" longer but stupidly, I didn't think of that before cutting.

I will wear this one and I like some of the other neckline ruffles but I will not use the base shirt pattern again.

1 comment:

Sharon Sews said...

Bonnie - it's perfect for spring! Love that color combo.