Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sunny Dress (Butterick 5780)


Edited to add a photo that better shows the lines of the dress:



I loved the lines of this dress when I saw the pattern introduced. In spite of the difficulties mentioned in the lone review at PR, I decided to make it anyway. It was a challenge!! The bodice construction was quite clever but I could have used more directions and/or illustrations in the pattern to help me through. I'm happy with how it turned out (but secretly, very glad it's done!!)

Particulars:
Pattern: Butterick 5780 with modified sleeve
Fabric: A medium weight ponte knit
Omitted zipper



 Jazz Hands for Nancy!


More details related to the construction in my PR review here.

11 comments:

Sharon Sews said...

It turned out beautifully! And love the jazz hand trend :-)

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

You did an amazing job on this and I love the color on you!

Sherril said...

Yea Bonnie! Congratulations on the win. I have some printed ponte knit that has this dress written all over it. Yours is beautiful.

Pam Erny said...

Bonnie...so pretty...you and your dress! I LOVE the color too!

Pam Erny said...

LOVE that dress....you look great!

Anne-Marie said...

This is simple but distinctive design. You made a great choice of fabric as well. Your dress is a great summer dress. Wonderful look !

AuntieAllyn said...

Bravo! Very well done! Great color on you and the dress looks fabulous!

becki-c said...

WOW! You totally rock that color! And that pattern!

gMarie said...

Fabulous dress! Love the color - you look so happy and sunshinny. g

Linda L said...

Glad you won! Dress looks great.

Betty beam said...

Can you please help me. I have reached out to butterick several times to no avail.Can you explain steps 7,8,18 and 19.
bettybeam57yahoo.com