Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Purple Malabrigo.... Bliss!



A month or so ago, I was lucky enough to visit a wonderful yarn store in Tampa called Knit and Knibble. If you're in the area, stop in! My friend and I were assisted by a very helpful young man named Dale who had knit himself a wonderful cardigan from self striping sock yarn. I really didn't need any yarn but I spotted a pair of mittens in the store and a lovely selection of scrumptious Malabrigo. I purchased my favorite color and had one mitten knit before I got back home. I knit the second on two or three bus rides to work. I used an Ann Norling pattern which was designed to be knit flat but hooey to that - I knit it on two circs. I had some yarn leftover but wasn't sure if I could eke out a hat so I decided on a headband. No real pattern. I just tried a couple combinations until it looked like what I wanted. My neighbor and I have resumed walking in the mornings and the mittens and headbands have been perfect for the 35 degree temperatures we've had this week. I'm going to try to make her a set for a Christmas gift. (Those lines that appear to be wrinkles around my eyes are an optical illusion most likely caused by brisk walking at 5:30 am. Yeah... that's gotta be it.)

5 comments:

Beth said...

You can't go wrong with Malabrigo!

And I think it was even colder than that this morning - stay warm!

KnittyNancy said...

The set looks great! Beautiful color!

Unknown said...

I don't see any lines -- did you Photoshop them out??

Love the Malabriago - what a pretty shade of purple.

~Tonia~ said...

They have to be wonderfully warm. And so soft since it is Malabrigo.

Jen said...

HEY!! I'd love to see a pattern for the headband! :) even though I'm in SoCal, the mornings can get a bit crisp! (and by crisp, i mean in the 50's)