Saturday, August 04, 2007

A Groovy Pick-Me-Up

Well, it's been a long week and I should have spent my day cleaning but I blew it off and decided to sew instead. It's been a few weeks since I've done any sewing at all. I picked a dress that I've had in mind for a while now.

I purchased some fun fabric from Fabricmart.com and when it arrived, it screamed 60's at me. I was inspired by Eve's version (click on her picture for a close-up) of S3744, a pattern I already had my eye on.

I still have to do a few minor finishing touches but it's virtually finished. And it turned out how I had hoped. Very Brady Bunch! Or as my 20 yr old said, "Uhhhh, that's looks sort of old fashioned." EXACTLY!!

Now, I need somewhere to go!!!!

6 comments:

~Tonia~ said...

That turned out way cute!

Janice said...

LOVE the dress!! I've loved this fabric since you showed us after the purchase.. and this is the perfect pattern for it!! Hope next week isn't so long for you...

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT!!! Your accent pieces are perfect for your fabric and the fabric is perfect for the dress.

We went out to dinner last night to some rather trendy new place and there were several dresses similar to this style. Who knew Carol Brady was back in style?

It will look great on you - a perfect complement to a martini!

NancyDaQ said...

Cute dress! The fabric is perfect for the style.

Unknown said...

Bonnie - I hope that life is going a little bit better for you. Great Dress! Can't wait to see it on you instead of Lola! g

FaeryCrafty said...

I love the style you chose!