Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Cabin Fever - it's a good thing!

We got more snow yesterday. Another 6-10" depending on who you believe. This was the fluffy powdery stuff that is easy to shovel so I was happy! The dogs like running around in it although they get cold fast and run right to the fireplace when they come in.


Due to the weather and family car issues (why do they all have to break at the same time?!) I have worked at home for five of the last eight days, which saved me 1.5-2 hours commuting time each day. Not to mention that I haven't gone anywhere for several snowy evenings. As a result, I have accomplished a lot on various sewing and knitting projects. Not a lot to show yet though; still finishing up several things.

But I did want to post this super easy and adorable project that I made for my brother and SIL's new baby born a week ago. It's a variation of the tied edge fleece blankets but a lot cuter in my opinion. It's round and the edges are "bunny ears." The pattern / directions are in a book called Nancy Cornwell's 90 minute Fleece projects. I bought this book just for this pattern and it really did only take 90 minutes. Maybe less. I used a plain white polar fleece for the back but the front is this so-so-soft "cuddly fleece" from JoAnn's. Thanks for the inspiration, Stacy!

5 comments:

Allison said...

It's adorable - I love the blanket!

~Tonia~ said...

The blanket is so cute. I am sure that the parents and babe will love it. Isn't all the snow pretty? My son has had an absolute blast.

Unknown said...

That is fabulous. I hope they enjoy it. g

Jane said...

The blanket is adorable!

Jknits said...

I love the blanket - it makes me want to go buy fleece.