Friday, November 13, 2009

Cabin Jacket


I have had this pattern for ages - probably purchased it in the 80's (it calls for shoulder pads!) I've always loved the baseball style and when I was in Hancock Fabric a few weeks ago and saw this cute polar fleece, a jacket immediately popped into my head. The woman ahead of me in the cutting line was buying this fleece to make a blanket and I was holding my breath to see if she'd leave enough for my jacket. There was only 1 1/4 yd remaining. The pattern called for 1 5/8 but I cut the pockets out of some other polar fleece I had in my stash (that actually coordinated!) and was able to squeak the remaining jacket pieces out!

We are going away this weekend with three other couples to stay at cabins in an Indiana state park and I thought this jacket would be perfect for the occasion. So I worked on it all week before work and finished it up this morning. Just in time for our departure this afternoon!

5 comments:

Meg said...

Cute and cuddly jacket!

Sharon Sews said...

What a cute coat!

Jknits said...

That is awesome! I love how the pattern lines up in the front.

Pinkscissors said...

Awesome jacket!

prashant said...

beautiful jacket

Work from home India