Sunday, January 13, 2008

Yay or Nay?

I am almost finished McCall's 5479 and can't decide if I like it or not. These photos are terrible but hopefully, you can see what it is looking like. The black fabric has embossed daisies on it - almost impossible to see in the photo but you may be able to distinguish them in the facing / lining picture. So what do you think? Is it too 'big' of a look for me? I don't mean the size. It fits fine - I'm just not sure my body is right for this style jacket. Or maybe it's simply the wrong fabric choice. The plaid versions I've seen here (hi Lori!) and here are adorable. It looks very similar to the picture on the envelope and the line drawing but I just can't decide if it looks good on me. I either look like I'm headed into the courtroom or I'm getting ready to graduate and the dog chewed the bottom off my gown. (BTW, I would not be wearing it with the lovely Pepto-Bismol pink sweat pants. LOL.)



4 comments:

Lori said...

Bonnie, I like the fit and the style. To avoid the judge look, why not a bright color under the jacket.

Allison said...

I know those jackets are really in right now but I find it's hard to carry off that look. But if anyone can you can!

Vicki said...

I think it is the colour. Maybe make some changes to make it less Judge like - maybe the sleeve tabs that Lori had, or maybe different buttons - big white fancy one(s) to match the lining? It looks pretty good from here :))

Janice said...

I think it looks good. Like Allison said, YOU can pull it off!!