Thursday, May 25, 2006

Betcha Can't Eat.... er... Make Just One!


Does anyone else suffer from a hoarding ailment? Does anyone else walk into a craft store with the intention of making ONE project but leave with enough supplies to make... say TEN projects. Cuz ya know, JoAnn fabric and Wal-Mart might sell out of all their fabric before getting back to buy supplies for the other nine.

See the lovely stash above. Inspired by a very fun grosgrain trimmed purse that I recently purchased as well as Creative Little Daisy's FANTABULOUS bags (how fun... I just noticed I purchased the same daisy trim that she has on her black gingham bag), I decided to make a purse some purses a sh*tload of purses. They had the funnest fabrics at Hancock and the best trims at Wal-Mart (many on clearance!)

Oh and did I mention the $100 I spent on grosgrain in the last week so my daughter can make headbands to sell? She has already sold about 30 of them. She is saving money to go on a cruise to Hawaii with her friend and her friend's grandma. (Remember when we were kids and we saved so we could buy a new record or better yet, a pair of Levi Cords? Ok, I'm digressing and starting to sound like my mother...) Anyhoo, where was I... Oh yeah... the ribbon. I found a vendor on ebay who has a great selection and good prices. So I bought a whole bunch for more headbands and potentially purses once I figure out how to do it.

I should get off the computer and start cutting...

1 comment:

Allison said...

Wow!! I'm exhausted just reading this! You're going to have a busy weekend. We expect to see all that fabric used before the end of Memorial Day :-) Can't wait to see what you make. Also would love a photo of these great headbands. Maybe I can quit my job and just make those . . . . I do know exactly what you are talking about - I went to Michael's today to get a longer circular #9 knitting needle and left with 3 skeins of Homespun for a throw I want to make for my Mother-in-Law for Christmas!! Like Michael's is going to run out of yarn!