- 5:00 a.m. Slap snooze button after rudely being awakened
- 5:09 a.m. Slap snooze button again
- 5:18 a.m. Slap alarm off and jump out of bed, remembering an early flight
- 6:05 a.m. Leave house 10 minutes later than planned
- 6:35 a.m. Hydroplane across two lanes on the interstate; curse myself for not anticipating the bad weather, which is causing significant driving delay
- 7:05 a.m. Breathe a sigh of relief at making it to the gate in time for a 7:20 flight and stroll right onto the airplane (I was the only woman on the plane other than the flight attendant - how weird is that? Was hoping the plane didn't crash on a deserted island. Never mind, I digress)
- Approx. 8:05 a.m. Somewhere between Cincinnati and Detroit. "Uh, Folks, we're sorry about this but there appears to be an issue with our de-icing equipment and we have to return you all to Cincinnati."
- 9:15 a.m. Eavesdrop on the man yelling at the gate agent because he has a noon meeting in Detroit and if he misses it, "Delta is going to have to reimburse" him for his ticket. Ok, not really eavesdropping. Actively listening and trying to hear Delta's status update to decide if I'll make it in time for my 11:00 meeting or if I should turn around and head to the office instead.
- 9:25 a.m. Gamble and board the aircraft. Again.
- 9:45 a.m. Still sitting on the taxiway and recognize I gambled wrong
- 10:55 a.m. Exit the aircraft in Detroit and call the client to tell them I'll be participating in the meeting by phone. From the holdroom at the airport.
- 12:15 p.m. Board the same plane at the same gate to return to Cincinnati.
So what's the point of this story on a knitting / sewing blog? I could have taken Path A like the aforementioned grumpy man OR I could take Path B, which is to take advantage of free time on the stalled airplane to knit furiously on the project I decided to do last night for my niece for Christmas. This:
this (see page 40).
I am using my only two skeins of Strawberries and Cream CottonEase that I have been hoarding for almost two years. I will trim it in the light green color (I forget the name.) I plan to make the Bunny Hat from Itty Bitty Hats to go with it.
Oh! And don't ya hate it when you take a new project with you and realize you forgot some of the supplies you need? Like say stitch markers? Check this out: