I decided to figure out exactly what was in my freezers today. Oh boy oh boy! There was a whole bunch of stuff.
Oldest Item: Round Steak from 2002
Best surprise: Two cans of frozen Bacardi strawberry daiquiri mix (Happy Saturday to me!)
Worst surprise: A loaf of delicious chocolate zucchini bread..... dated 2003!
Here is just a sampling of what I found:
- 5 Ribeye steaks in various packages that weigh at least 3/4 lb each
- a 5.5 lb beef tenderloin
- approximately 10 lbs of ground beef in various packages, both cooked and uncooked
- 6 loaves of bread, one from 2003 and 3 packages of dinner rolls, 2 packages of the Costco garlic bread, bread sticks, corn bread, Naan, tortillas
- two whole turkey breasts
- 4 types of frozen fish plus some shrimp
- 7 packages of boneless chicken breasts
- 3 packages of meatballs
I'm so pleased with myself and now I'm off to browse recipes for using up all this stuff.
In the meantime, considered yourself freezer-tagged! Flash your freezer stash!! Leave me a comment if you do!! Oh, and don't forget to tell me your OLDEST item, your WORST surprise and your BEST surprise!