We took an 11 day vacation and went to the Delaware shore as well as a lake in the Poconos. Saw lots of family and friends and did lots of...... NOTHING!!!! YES! I did get a lot of knitting done and read several books (Home is where the Heart is by Billy Letts, True Crime #9 by Ann Rule, Mary, Mary by James Patterson; Oh my Stars by Lorna Landvik; and Sweetwater Creek by Anne River Siddons). I'm not finished with all the books and some I had started before I left.
My knitting progress included starting and finishing a Tivoli top (see next post), progress on an airy summer poncho; start of a Soleil in Elann Summer Sonata; and start of a cable front pullover tank from Yarn Girls (which I will likely frog cuz I'm not digging the yarn for it.) Oh, and I worked on another chemo cap.
Here are some random pictures of the vacation.
- huge jelly fish in the river - approx. 1 foot across
- my son on the dock at the lake;
- Martini after being introduced to the lake - she did not like it!!
- Tubing - be sure to click on photo to see psycho facial expressions!
- my daughters and me
- Martini after a little digging action on the beach
- the kids posing with the dog at Dewey Beach