1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
For the most part, I use higher quality but I always like to try something new!
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
4. How long have you been knitting?
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
vanilla, soft florals, cinnamon, lemon/citrus
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
oh my, yes! dark chocolate..... caramel..... cookies......
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
new country; not sure about the MP3 so probably not!
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
PURPLE! (pink is nice, too); I don't like brown. Bright colors win me over every time.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
married, 5 kids (11-18), 3 cats
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
To achieve world peace and eliminate hunger..... oops, sorry, doing my Miss America impersonation; my real life dream is to simply make other people happy.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I love wool/silk blends. I'm so new to knitting that I'm having fun experimenting with all different kinds of yarns. Yarns that twist annoy me.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I don't think I've found any
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
I'm not sure what this question is asking. My kids claim I'm obsessed with knitting because I spend every spare moment knitting. I DO find that I'm now looking forward to long car trips because I can knit.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I like to knit socks and capelets/wraps. Because I'm still a relatively slow knitter, I like smaller projects, however, I've started a cotton summer sweater that is moving right along.
17. What are you knitting right now?
I have 4 projects going right now. A pair of Ripple socks in Fixation yarn; A Good Bias Shrug (half done); A Soleil sweater in Classic Elite Flash; and a Booga Bag in Kureyon.
18. What do you think about ponchos?
love them! Short ones... long ones... they're all good
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
I think I'm leaning towards circular
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I don't care for plastic but I like both bamboo and metal depending on the projects. The Addi Turbos are wonderful but for some yarns (silky alpaca), they are too slippery for me and I use bamboos. I've only used bamboo DPNs for socks.
21. Are you a sock knitter?
22. How did you learn to knit?
My dear friend, Linda, taught me the basic knit stitch - my first project was a scarf out of Great Adirondack Fluff yarn. After that, I got a few books and taught myself. I also took a sock class.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
6 months old - I started a dish cloth right after learning to knit but never finished it.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I can't think of an animated character that I like but I do like bunnies.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas - no doubt!
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Besides yarn? No. Well, actually, my friends and husband would argue that I collect shoes.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
None. I've purchased the Interweave magazine and the Family Circle Easy Knitting and enjoyed them both. Oh and a Vogue magazine - nice, too.
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
I love to read and get most of my books from the library or used book store. I guess the only book I've been wanting which my library doesn't even have yet is Sarah's Quilt by Nancy Turner. It's a sequel to These Is My Words - one of my favorite all time books.