Wednesday, August 03, 2022

Love Notions Patterns Luna Loungewear Relaunch - August 2022

If I'm gonna continue testing patterns, it appears that I should start blogging again! 

I was happy to test the relaunch of the Luna Loungewear pattern. I tested the knee-length nighty. My first version was a size small using a lightweight rayon knit using fold over elastic (FOE) for the neck binding, armhole binding and straps. The length of the FOE was a bit short in the first version but it still turned out very wearable!



For the second version, the suggested length for the FOE was lengthened and it worked much better for me although honestly, I would probably go a wee bit longer in the next version.  The following picture illustrates that my right shoulder is a bit higher than the other and it didn't occur to me to shorten the elastic on the left side. I didn't notice it when I was wearing; only in the photo. Oopsie!


The instructions couldn't be any more clear and this is a quick sew! I can't wait to make up a PF set with a cami length and shorts. If you're not a fan of FOE, a fabric binding is also an option. There is also the option to add a shelf bra. I skipped that for jammies but I would love to make a cami with the shelf bra to be worn during the day.

No comments: