Friday, January 28, 2011

New Fabric and Wardrobe status

I succumbed to yet another fabric sale. Good Lord. What am I going to do with all this fabric??? Anyhoo, Fabric.com had a good sale on ITY knits. I purchased 4 of the knits and also 2 charmeuse satins (poly) to use for linings. They goofed on one of the ITY's and instead sent a (really ugly) gold woven linen like fabric but just got off the phone with them and they are sending the correct fabric right out. All fabrics appear to still be in stock so if you're interested, click on the photo to be taken to Fabric.com. The four knits:




The knits are all a nice weight and the colors are vibrant. I've had mixed results with knits from Fabric.com in the past so I'm very pleased with the quality of these fabrics.

And the two charmeuses (is that a word? lol) that I will use as linings to jazz up plain skirts, dresses or jackets.


My wardrobe progress (see here) is not going as well as I'd hoped. I have the two knit tops done and hope to complete the skirt and bolero this weekend. I will prepare full reviews later but the quick version is I LOVE the Jalie top (what a clever construction method!) and am not terribly fond of the other purple top. The armhole openings are quite deep, so much so that I don't think I'll be comfortable wearing without something (like the bolero ) on top. The front was very floppy and I had to take it in quite a bit. Probably should have attempted a SBA on this but I fudged it to work. I will probably wear it on my trip and pitch it when I return.

The reason I am behind is I found out a baby shower for a close family member is WAY earlier than I expected so I am frantically pulling together some baby projects to try to have at least some done in time for the shower (in two weeks!)

1 comment:

gMarie said...

Hem - thanks - I think. I clicked through, bought a few of the same fabrics you did and the lovely Jalie pattern - I'm always so late to the party! Can't wait to see what you make from them. g