Saturday, January 24, 2009
Thank you, St. Anthony!
Woo hoo! My deadline for finding the buckle was tomorrow. I told myself if I didn't find it by tomorrow, I was ordering a new one. And as you can see, I FOUND IT!! It was in the basket where I keep my cutting tools. I have no idea why I would have put it there.
That's the good news. Yeah, there's bad news. All I had left to do was sew the buckle on. Before I did that, I tried the jacket on to see how to best position the buckle. THE JACKET IS TOO SMALL! Normally, I make the bust / shoulder / bodice area a size smaller than waist and hips to fit my body. I did that with this jacket and should not have! I am so annoyed!! I had been trying it on throughout the construction of the jacket but I think I neglected to try it one more time AFTER I lined it. The fabric is a knit matte jersey so even though it was snug fitting, the fabric allowed for some stretch. Well, once I lined it with a woven, the stretch disappeared. DUH!! I am so annoyed. Look how cute the lining is!!
Ugh. There was a lot of hand sewing on this one. One good thing is this is made from fabric I got for a song on clearance - $1.50 / yd and I have plenty more. I'm not sure if I'll try to take it apart or start over completely.
FYI, the pattern is Butterick 5142, view B.