Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Rocket Party

Here are some pictures of our neighborhood Rocket Party held last Saturday. We launched at a local school and then gathered at a friend's house for a grill-out afterwards. Much fun was had!! My son assembled the rocket but then we ran out of time before we got to the painting. We proclaimed that ours was the Earth Day Rocket, left intentionally natural. Nobody believed it.

It was fun to watch. These things went hundreds of feet in the air. I don't know who was more excited, the dads or the kids! After a launch, the kids would take off running after the rockets to retrieve them. There were a few casualties. For our last launch, my son opted for the super charged engine. Our rocket was never recovered! I figured somebody out bringing in their Sunday paper probably found it in their yard.

Some evidence of the day:

"Aw, Mom, this is embarrassing. Get off me. And take those stupid Crocs off your feet."



"Their rocket might be pretty but size DOES matter. I'm just sayin'..."



".....3...2...1... BLAST OFF!"



"Houston, we have a problem."




Tonight, "Awards" were presented. LOL.

5 comments:

Lori said...

Sounds like such a fun party and a fun neighborhood for having such events. I can relate to the comments by your kids, said or unsaid with the look on their face. He should have said, Mom, your new trench coat looks fabulous for the rocket party!

Unknown said...

What a fun rocket party! The Boy is getting so tall!

Your trench coat looks marvelous. Totally says "I can't believe you made that."

The lime green Crocs?? We'll talk.

KnittyNancy said...

Looks like it was lots of fun! Your Crocs are great! My hot pink Crocs drive my family crazy. :)

Gorgeous Things said...

How fun! I've done two rocket launches now. They are always a blast. And your trench is the perfect rocket-scientist-meets-fashionista outfit!

Kellie said...

I haven't launched a rocket since 5th grade! That looks like so much fun!