Monday, September 17, 2007

Rockin' Girl Blogger


How cool is this???? Lori named me a Rockin' Girl! She is a great sewer and her garden gives me complete garden envy! She and I have made similar projects on several occasions, completely independently (sometimes I simply copy her cool ideas! hee hee.) Thanks, Lori!

So now I get to nominate five more Rockin' Girl Bloggers!

The first one was easy: Allison has become a great friend and we have found many (sometimes scary how many) things in common. She is one busy girl (very successful attorney by day, wife and mom to three by night) but she still finds time to create and blog about some great projects. And her photography (love the flower shots!) is awesome.

Next up: Gaylen also know simply as G. has also become a good friend via blogs and email. She's a great mom and a wonderful sewer and one of the most thoughtful people I've ever met!

Third is a sewing inspiration: Laura lives in Romania and is an incredible seamstress! I love what she creates and she always has great tips on her blog.

Fourth is an actual face to face friend! I met Nancy at a knitting group a couple years ago and she is a lovely person. She is always helping family and friends and almost everything she knits goes to others. Check out the beautiful shawls on her blog.

Finally, I want to nominate a new blogger. Marcia and I were on the same team for Dishrag Tag (Cotton Commandoes Rule!) Marcia was the spirit of our team, always urging others on with shouts of encouragement. She didn't have a blog at the beginning of the race but she did by the end. And not only that, she had a caricature created that captured the essence of our Cotton Commandoes military theme; It became her icon for the race. That is definitely one Rockin' Blogger!

Ladies, consider yourself nominated!!

Although already nominated by Lori and probably others, I wanted to also give a shout out to Debbie (incredible bags!!) In addition to her great style inspiration, we have a lot in common and have been able to get together in person a couple times and had a Rockin Good Time!!

[Now... so I don't have my membership stripped... can somebody tell me how to post that Rockin Girl button on my sidebar?]

4 comments:

KnittyNancy said...

Congratulations and thanks! Wow! How cool! I feel so honored. Now, I'll also need to figure out how to get the button on my sidebar! Thanks, Bonnie!

Janice said...

Way to to be a Rocking Girl Blogger!! It is fairly easy to post the icon on your sidebar... just go to the template part of your blog (or click where it says customize at the top bar of your blog) to the Add Page Element. Click on that and it will have a add html/java script code. (You'll need to get the html code from the html section of the post you just wrote) Copy and paste that code into the Add page element section and it should show up. Clear as mud?? Email me if you need more clarification :-)

LauraLo said...

Thanks a million, Bonnie!
What you wrote about me touched me deeply and I feel really honored about it! Thank you

Anonymous said...

Bonnie, you're the BEST! THANK YOU, THANK YOU for all the kind words, and it was pure pleasure being on such a fun team together. I so loved making you LOL! It tickled me from the inside out. I am glad I am not the only one struggling with the "Button" thing. Happy Sewing to YA! (Just finished valances for the bedroom myself) (((H)))