If you start with leftover chicken or rotisserie chicken, this is a very quick meal. 20 minutes including boiling the water! Spinach can be subbed for the broccoli.
- 12 ounces rotini pasta
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ pound fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons pesto
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1-2 cups chopped cooked chicken (use rotisserie chicken!)
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
Steam broccoli until crisp tender.
Bring large pot with water to boil. Cook pasta until done. Drain.
Heat oil in skillet. Sauté garlic and pesto sauce in the olive oil for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, broccoli, and chicken.
In pasta pan, toss cooked pasta with vegetable – chicken mixture. Add grated Parmesan cheese and pine nuts and mix well. Serve immediately.