Sunday, December 05, 2010

Finally.... A Sewcation!!!

I am always so envious to read on blogs or Facebook when someone ends up with a free weekend to sew to their heart's content. This was one of those weekends when the stars aligned...
  • Harley Dude was out of town
  • No kid commitments
  • No social commitments
  • No work overflow
  • Home from work early on Friday
So, guess what I did? Yup, I threw on the sweatpants and took on lots and lots of sewing, some cooking and a little home spruce-up, too. Here are the results:
  1. Sewing Projects: sewed 2 pair shorts, one scrunchie scarf (will be soliciting opinions on this in a subsequent post), a dress, and a tunic top; hemmed two pair pants and a skirt; cut out another top; and pre-shrank 6 pieces of wool (more about that in another post). I'll review projects over the next few days.
  2. Cooking: Honey Garlic Chicken (adapted from this), Turkey Breast with cranberry onion sauce (crockpot), coffee cake (Krusteaz mix - OMG AWESOME!), Honey BBQ meatloaf (email me if you want the recipe - I've been making this for 15 years and it's fantastic.)
  3. Home: Painted walls and trim in guest room (and by the way, THIS is the best thing invented since sliced bread. Cuts the time to paint doors, baseboards by a fraction!)
Finally, Christmas... Although I didn't do any shopping this weekend, somehow I'm about 75% done. Lots of online purchases plus a daughter who LOVES to shop who has picked up a bunch of stuff for me. My favorite present so far is a woven blanket for my parents that I had made at Snapfish that incorporates some family photos . See below for a comparison between the original photo and the blanket. I was AMAZED at how well it turned out! (Excuse the wonky display of the blanket; no one was home so I improvised with the pantry door.) And Snapfish has had some great 25% and 30% off deals so if you're interested, I highly recommend them. Oh... the blanket arrived 3 business days after ordering!



It was so wonderful to not leave my house the entire weekend. Monday is going to be especially hard this week!

1 comment:

Lori said...

What a great weekend,you accomplished so much. Can't wait to see your sewing projects.