Tuesday, September 08, 2009

About time

Those of you who follow my blog know I'm always right there on the fashion edge. (cough cough, sarcasm intended.) So maybe it took me three seasons to jump on the knit dress bandwagon. And I'll probably be sewing a maxi dress three seasons from now. But better late than never, right?

Anyhoo, I saw this top two years ago

and loved it but could never find a pattern to make something similar. Someone left me some good instructions for creating my own pattern but in addition to being a behind-the-trends sewer, I am also a lazy sewer and that would have required too much effort on my part.

But fast forward to this past weekend when JoAnn and Hancocks both had 99 cent McCalls patterns. #5664 will do very nicely for my top!

Hooray! I may make the three quarter length sleeves since it will be for fall.

2 comments:

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

Bonnie I'm sure that your rendition will be perfect for you! Hope you get to it soon!

Jknits said...

That's cute. How fussy does the pattern look?