Monday, May 26, 2008

A great weekend and a Baby Boomlet

What a wonderful weekend it has been. The weather has been glorious (except for some clouds and sprinkles this afternoon) and the weekend has been a nice mix of downtime and get-togethers. My daughter's best friend graduates on Tuesday and her party was last night. We had a terrific time and she loved her bulletin board. My daughter also made an adorable picture collage that contained a picture of the two girls four years ago and a picture of the girls in a similar pose that was taken last month.



All of a sudden, I am surrounded by people having babies! Most of these babies are boys and it's hard to think of "cute" things for baby boys. But I happened across Simplicity 3711 which has an adorable reversible bathrobe pattern in it. When my oldest child was born (Good Lord, that was 21 freakin' years ago!!!!), my two favorite gifts were a infant size bathing suit and a little bathrobe. Voila! Gift idea solved. In addition to the pattern, I picked up some flannel and broadcloth to make robes for all these babies. I tackled the one for my co-worker's son first. Since we are in the aviation business, I found a cute flannel with airplanes on it. This is my last project for the weekend (dedicated to Miss Ande, hee, hee. You didn't believe I would crank out one more thing, did you?) The actual color of the solid fabric doesn't look like either of the two following photos - I used flash on one, and no flash on the other. The true blue is somewhere in between.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No fair! It's 'little'! LOL Wow! You did amazing this weekend!
Woo Hoo!

Lori said...

Great presents and what cute photographs.

Unknown said...

You did a great job. I so don't want to hear what else you managed to get done on your 3 days off! How is the bedroom coming along?

So all the sewing projects are adorable. I love little reversible robes. And quit whining about how old your kids are - my youngest is 22!!! g

Meg said...

Great baby gift idea. I'll have to keep this in mind.